EEAA International Women’s Day Breakfast
On Thursday 7th March 2019 Sprintr proudly checked-in 100 industry professionals to the Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) International Women’s Day Breakfast.
The annual event celebrates the role women play in the events sector and this year, the panel tackled three key themes; Women in Leadership, Women Defying Stereotypes and Women’s Heart Health and Wellbeing.
Contributing to the discussion were panellists:
- Professor Clara Chow, a pioneering researcher, acclaimed internationally for her work on heart disease.
- The Hon Bruce Baird AM, Chairman of Business Events Sydney and former State and Federal Minister.
- Supriya Shakya, Head of Digital at Reed Exhibitions Australia trained as an engineer in Nepal and is now leading some of the most innovative tech projects in the exhibition industry.
- Lynell Peck, Director of Culinary at ICC Sydney heads a massive operation in a role traditionally held by a man.
- Georgie Chapman-Burgess, Operations Manager at Exhibitions and Trade Fairs and winner of the 2018 Richard Geddes Young Achiever Award and Tourism Australia scholarship.
Sprintr was proud to support the important event. Our team is made up of more than 60% females which, given the industry we work in is something worth celebrating.
The panellists discussed the challenges for women working in non-traditional female roles such as in the software and technology spaces. We heard stories of women defying stereotypes and the importance of both men and women encouraging more girls to see technology as a career potential.
At Sprintr we have created an environment in which people can flourish, whether they are women or men, new to the industry or experienced professionals.
We’ll continue to champion for women in technology, providing opportunities around the world and delivering great service along the way.
Event partners: Sprintr by AV1, Doltone House, Eventbrite, Homepix Photography, Fabframe and Heart Foundation
For more about EEAA, visit their website.
Photos: Homepix Photography